Monday, March 31, 2014

my blue heaven...

satsuma_street_arcadia_mary_blair_small_world_cross_stitch_blue_city

Sometimes I just have an idea in my head, and I can't rest until I see it materialized.  That was this case with this new pattern I've released, which I'm calling Arcadia.  It was inspired by one of my favorite concept paintings by Mary Blair, of white buildings on a blue background.  I thought it would be fun to try that palette in cross stitch, and when I came upon this fabric by Charles Craft, I just had to do it!

satsuma_street_arcadia_mary_blair_small_world_cross_stitch_blue_city

This design was just begging to have some accents of metallic threads added, so in addition to the neutral color palette, I used three shades of DMC's Light Effects threads to add a little special sparkle to the project.

satsuma_street_arcadia_mary_blair_small_world_cross_stitch_blue_city

I'd love to see this pattern on other colored fabric besides blue... I think it would look great on pink or mint green, and absolutely smashing on black!  As always, I love to see my customer's project photos, so please share them on the Facebook page or on Instagram using the tag #satsumastreet!

No comments:

Post a Comment