Wednesday, August 19, 2015

My true love gave to me...

twelve_days_christmas_cross-stitch_ornaments_sampler_modern_christmas

I've always loved the "Twelve Days of Christmas" song, even if I never fully understood it (what would you want with all those birds??). So I've been wanting to do a Christmas cross stitch pattern of the 12 Days for a long time, and this year I finally got to it ... and well before Christmas, so people can actually get it done in time to enjoy it!

twelve_days_christmas_cross-stitch_ornaments_sampler_modern_christmas

 I love making cross stitch Christmas ornaments, so I originally conceived this project as 12 individual designs. Each ornament is 3.5 x 4.5 inches, so they stitch up fast and are just the right size for hanging on a tree. (The pattern includes directions for finishing them as shown.)

twelve_days_christmas_cross-stitch_ornaments_sampler_modern_christmas

Aren't the little people cute? I don't normally do designs with people in them, so this was a fun change for me.

Anyway I love them as ornaments, but then a few fans on Instagram said they'd love to stitch them all together as one big project, so I also include that option in the pattern as well. I added the text at the top and bottom, which I think adds a nice touch.

twelve_days_christmas_cross-stitch_ornaments_sampler_modern_christmas
Satsuma Street - 12 Days of Christmas Cross Stitch Sampler

So it may seem early in the year to be starting your Christmas crafting, but if you start now and make one ornament a week, you'll be done before Thanksgiving! I don't think you'll be able to make only one a week though... they're awfully fun to stitch!

Visit the Etsy shop and get the PDF pattern as an instant download right here.

xoxo
Jody

3 comments:

  1. THANK YOU so very much!!!! I love your patterns and the new Christmas set you have <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Refreshing and so bright a version =) I love the song, as well. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...yes, I agree, the song is rather peculiar...it reminds me of the episode of The Office where Andy is Erin's secret santa and each day, he gets her all the things in the 12 Days of Christmas song....you really don't realize how impractical it would be to actually receive them :P

    ReplyDelete